1. General Statement
We take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting it. We believe that you should easily know what personal data we collect and use, as well as to understand your rights in respect of your personal data.
2. What personal data do we collect and how is it collected?
You may provide us with information:
- When you create an account online or in our stores;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter;
- When you use our Digital Platforms;
- When you purchase products or services on our Digital Platforms or in our stores;
- When you book a virtual appointment;
- When you contact our customer-services.
Depending on what you provide us with, such information may include:
- Your identity (including your first name, last name, gender, image);
- Your contact details (including your postal address(es), email address(es), phone number(s));
- Your personal status (including your title);
- Your purchases and repairs (including purchase history, order details);
- Your preferences (including your size);
- Certain payment information (including billing information, payment type or method, charge or credit card number);
- If you choose to interact with LOUIZA via a social media platform (Instagram or Telegram), we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
- Other information you may provide by filling forms or by contacting us (including your feedbacks, or other communications with us ).
We will inform you when your information is required in order to process your request, to respond to your queries or to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide this information, then it may delay or prevent us from processing your request, responding to your query or providing products or services to you.
We hope to ensure that the personal data we possess are accurate at all times and therefore we encourage you to update your information in case any changes have occurred. We also may ask you to update your information from time to time.
We recommend that you only provide the data requested or necessary for your query, with the exception of any sensitive information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, data concerning health, sex life or sexual orientation.
3. Why do we collect your personal data and how do we use it?
We collect and use your personal data based on one or many of the following legal basis:
• Manage and fulfil purchase, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
• Manage our accounts and records;
• Deal with your enquiries and requests;
• Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
• Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
• Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so;
• Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
• Undertake credit checking, prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and services secure; and
• Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
Where you have agreed to a particular use of your information, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting us (see the section headed “Contact us” below). We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
4. How long do we keep your personal data?
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we typically retain personal information we obtain about you for as long as it is needed:
(1) for the purposes for which we obtained it, in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice, which generally means that we will keep your personal information for the duration of our relationship or as long as you keep your account open with us;
(2) to take into account applicable statute of limitation periods and comply with mandatory applicable laws.
You may request that we delete your information or restrict the processing of such information by contacting us as indicated below.
5. How do we disclose and transfer your personal data?
We do not disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. We share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, manage and reduce our credit risk, verify information, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting, analytics and marketing services.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
(i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process,
(ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials,
(iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
6. What rights do you have on your personal data?
In accordance with the applicable data protection laws, you can, at any time, request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data or restrict and object to the processing of your personal data. A summary of these rights is provided below:
•Your right of access: the right to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
•Your right to rectification: the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your data or to complete your information.
•Your right to be forgotten: the right to require us to delete your personal data — in certain situations.
•Your right to restriction of processing: the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data — in certain circumstances, for example if you contest the accuracy of the data.
•Your right to data portability: the right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party — in certain situations.
•Your right to object to processing: the right to object:
— at any time to your personal data being processed for direct marketing;
— in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, eg processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
When the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may at any time decide to withdraw it. If your consent is withdrawn, it won’t affect the processing of your personal data based on other legal bases, such as fulfilling your orders and storing your order data as required by applicable law.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing/promotional information, we remind you that you may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time directly from the unsubscribe link included in each electronic promotional message we send to you. If you do so, we will promptly update our databases, and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any products or services you have requested.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority in case of alleged infringement of the data protection rules applicable to you.
To exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the contact information below (see “How to contact us”).
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed above, you will be requested to let us know what right you want to exercise and provide information (copy of an identity card, passport or other legally recognized identity) for identification purposes in order to process your request and protect you against fraudulent requests from third parties.
7. How do we protect personal information?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How to contact us
In issues relating to your account, to withdraw your consent, to ask general questions or to lodge a complaint, please contact our Customer Service:
- By email: email@example.com
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
2. What purposes do cookies serve?
1. Cookies Support Basic Website Functionality: Some cookies are functional and necessary cookies that support essential features of our website, such as storing your shopping cart selections while you continue to shop and navigate to different pages of our website.
2. Cookies Can Help Improve the Quality of Our Website and Services: Cookies collect information (including sometimes IP address) to assess how you use our website, so that we can improve the navigability of our site and provide you with better service. We use this information to:
• Provide aggregate and anonymous statistics on how our site is used;
• See how effective our advertisements are by identifying where you click and from which website you arrived;
• Provide feedback to carefully selected third party partners that one of our visitors also visited their website;
• Help us improve the site by capturing errors in your browsing experience.
Provide you with improved site functionality by allowing access to additional services or restoring your shopping bag if you wish to return on a subsequent browsing session.
3. Cookies May Share Information With Our Carefully Chosen Third-Party Partners: Third-party cookies may share information with partners to provide services on our site. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service or function (such as social media “like” and “share” buttons). Certain third-party cookies can be used to offer a customized user experience, by providing you with interest-based services both on this site and on some other websites as well. Some of these customized browsing experiences may be linked to services provided by third parties which provide these services to recognize that you have visited our site. This information is used to inform you of Louiza products and services which may be of interest to you. These cookies may also link to social media networks such as Facebook or provide advertising agencies with information about your visit so that they can present you with advertisements for Louiza products and services which may be of interest to you.
3. Managing your cookie preferences
You can easily disable and/or delete cookies from your computer, tablet or mobile phone by managing your browser settings.
We recommend that you do not disable cookies strictly necessary for the website to function (cookie described as "essential" in the "What cookies do we use?" table) because this would prevent you from ordering online and enjoying the services of the Louizajewellery.com website.
In order to manage cookies to best suit your needs, please bear in mind the purpose of cookies when setting your browser. Please find below instructions about managing and disabling cookies, depending on your browser:
Go to Tools menu, then Internet Options.
Click on Confidentiality, then click on Advanced.
In the Cookies window, select your preferences.
Click the Chrome menu, the upper right button.
Select Settings then click on Show advanced settings.
In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button.
Select your preferred option(s) in the Cookies section.
Go to Tools then Options menu.
Click on the Privacy settings.
Select Use custom settings for history.
Select your preferred option(s) on the Accept cookies from sites section.
Click on Safari, then Preferences.
Click on the Privacy tab.
Go to Block cookies and select your preferred option(s).